Search This Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2009

DVD Review: "Trick R' Treat"


Just in time for Halloween, "Trick R' Treat" finally gets a DVD release, two years after it was filmed. Why it took so long to be distributed is beyond me. This is one hell of a horror movie!

Taking place over the course of one night (Halloween night to be exact), we are introduced to tons of different characters with four interconnecting storyline's. Sure, it's been done before ( "Magnolia", "Crash")... but it's never really been done like this in the horror genre. All of the characters are interesting and different, and that complimented the separate storylines.

I guess what made this movie so much fun was that it contained almost every Halloween related element possible. That includes: a monster, a serial killer, zombies/ghosts, a vampire, and werewolves. There were even a few shots that were, without a doubt, nods to the original "Halloween" movie at the beginning.

Who knows, maybe it's just because I love the Halloween atmosphere and I'm in the Halloween spirit... but this movie was so much fun for me. It had plenty of laughs, some gross-out scenes, and plenty of suspense (especially the finale), and I would recommend it to horror and non-horror fans. This would be the perfect film to watch Halloween night!

My Rating: 8 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment